Updated: Tuesday, 08 July 2014 01:14 | By Agence France-Presse

Amir Khan assault probe dropped

Police will take no further action against British former world champion boxer Amir Khan, his spokesman said Monday, three days after he was arrested on suspicion of assaulting two teenagers.


Amir Khan assault probe dropped

Amir Khan smiles as he heads to his corner while taking on Luis Collazo during their welterweight bout at the MGM Grand Garden Arena on May 3, 2014 in Las Vegas, Nevada - by Harry How

The 27-year-old former WBA and IBF light welterweight champion was arrested in the early hours of Friday morning after officers were called to a street in his home town of Bolton, outside Manchester in northwest England.

Officers found two 19-year-old men had been assaulted, though their injuries were not serious.

Khan was arrested and taken into custody for questioning.

"This was a minor incident involving a misunderstanding between Amir Khan and two other youths," the Olympic silver medallist's spokesman said.

"Amir was notified by the police that the allegations against him had been withdrawn and the matter would not be pursued any further."

A Greater Manchester Police spokesman told AFP: "No further action will be taken against a 27-year-old man who was arrested on suspicion of assault" in Bolton on Friday.

Latest Photo Galleries on xinmsn