Football Veh to quit Frankfurt at season's end
Eintracht Frankfurt coach Armin Veh confirmed on Monday he will leave the club at the end of the season.
The 53-year-old will not extend his Frankfurt contract which expires in June after three years in charge.
"I don't have another club up my sleeve," said Veh, whose team came from behind to beat VfB Stuttgart 2-1 on Sunday to leave them 12th in the Bundesliga table.
"I spoke to the players and told them on Monday morning.
"I haven't yet decided what I'll do, but that's not to say that I'll take a year off."
Veh also had a humourous take on Frankfurt's situation as sporting director Bruno Huebner looks for his successor.
"Jupp Heynckes won everything with Bayern Munich last season after he announced he was leaving," quipped Veh, although his mid-table side are already out of both the Europa League and German Cup.
Eintracht chairman Heribert Bruchhagen said he regrets Veh's decision.
"I wish he'd stay, we did all we could to make it happen," he said.
Veh has enjoyed three successful seasons at Frankfurt, winning promotion back to the Bundesliga at his first attempt and then leading the team to Europa League qualification by finishing sixth in the 2012/13 season.
It was the first time in 19 years that Frankfurt had been involved in European competition, although they bowed out last week on away goals after drawing 3-3 at home with FC Porto in the second leg of their last-32 tie.
Veh won the 2007 Bundesliga title as Stuttgart coach, although had less success in spells in charge of Wolfsburg and Hamburg.