No end in sight for Germany exile Wiese
Werder Bremen have ruled out re-signing Germany goalkeeper Tim Wiese while Hoffenheim investor Dietmar Hopp has said he wants to resolve the ongoing feud with the exiled shot-stopper.
Wiese, who made the last of his six appearances for Germany in February 2012, is under contract with Hoffenheim until 2016, but has not played in the Bundesliga since January, despite earning a reported salary of 3.5m euros (US$4.6m).
"We need to talk about things in the next few days and weeks," Hopp has told magazine Sport Bild, but Wiese has said he has no interest in dissolving his Hoffenheim contract.
Since being fined by the club in February for an incident at a party to celebrate carnival, Wiese has been exiled from the first team and trains with a separate group.
His former club Bremen have said they have no interest in re-signing Wiese, who was part of the Germany squad which finished third at the 2010 World Cup in South Africa.
"A discussion about goalkeepers is not up for debate," said Bremen's director of sport Thomas Eichin.
Having signed for Hoffenheim in May 2012 after nearly 200 Bundesliga appearances for Werder, Wiese has said there is no end in sight to his first-team exile.
"I have no interest in dissolving my contract," the 31-year-old said over the weekend.
"I didn't sign a four-year deal to dissolve it after just one.
"No one has spoken to me about it and I haven't had contact with the coach or manager for two months."
Wiese made a rare appearance on Saturday when he played in a benefit match for Bremen's ex-Germany midfielder Torsten Frings.
Belgian goalkeeper Koen Casteels has played all four of Hoffenheim's German league games so far this season and Wiese has said he does not want to leave.
"I'm fit and ready to play," said the goalkeeper, who has ruled out taking legal action, like his former Hoffenheim team-mate Eren Derdiyok, who took his case to an industrial tribunal before joining Bayer Leverkusen last month.