Osvaldo winner stuns Roma as Juve grab more records
An injury-time strike by Juventus marksman Pablo Daniel Osvaldo sealed a 1-0 win over former club Roma and handed the Turin giants yet another record in Italy's Serie A on Sunday.
Juventus's 32nd win of the season, a new league record, means they have amassed 99 points to overtake the previous record of 97 set by Inter in 2007.
Antonio Conte's men also will be confident of extending that to 102 points when they host Cagliari in their final game of the season at home next week.
And while doubts swirl about his future with the club after three title-winning season under his helm, the 44-year-old said there was plenty to celebrate.
"The players are celebrating so much because we have plenty of reason. We've done some incredible things this season, and we have the possibility to reach another record," Conte told Sky Sport.
"We've beaten our closest rivals at their home stadium and only a great Juve side could have maintained this incredible rhythm."
Roma hosted Juve hoping to make amends to fans for the stunning 4-1 defeat to Catania last week which handed the Turin giants their 30th title a day ahead of celebrating in front of their home fans with a 1-0 victory over Atalanta.
However Rudi Garcia's men failed to produce the goal that would have also made up for their 3-0 away defeat to Juventus earlier this season.
The match looked to be heading for a scoreless draw until Argentinian-born Italian international Osvaldo, who quit Roma in 2013 for an unsuccessful spell with Southampton, latched on to a Stephan Lichsteiner ball in the fourth minute of injury time to beat Lukasz Skorupski in the Roma net.
Roma coach Rudi Garcia had steered his side to a Serie A record of ten opening wins, and after this latest defeat he was philosophical.
- Extraordinary season -
"It doesn't change a thing with respect to our season," said the Frenchman, who appeared to put to rest rumours suggesting he could leave the club after just one season.
"It's been an extraordinary season and we're looking forward to our next game with Juve."
Both sides have qualified automatically for the Champions League group stages while Napoli have secured third to enter the competition's qualifying stages.
Napoli earlier put a shine on their campaign with a 5-2 rout of Sampdoria in Genoa which only served to feed rumours that Serbian coach Sinisa Mihajlovic cold soon depart.
Mihajlovic, appointed following the sacking of Delio Rossi as Samp slumped at the turn of the year, are set for a mid-table finish but Mihajlovic was giving little away.
Asked if he was on his way out of the club, he told Sky Sport: "I'm neither one nor the other. But I will be sitting down to talk to the club."
Catania, Bologna and Livorno were relegated while the battle for the league's third and last Europa League place -- Fiorentina and Inter are already qualified -- remains a four-team race after Milan were stunned 2-1 away to Atalanta and Torino were held 1-1 by 10-man Parma.
In a match marred by an ugly banana-throwing incident in which Milan defender Kevin Constant, a Guinean international, was targeted, the visitors were stunned in the sixth minute of added time when substitute Franco Brienza sent an unstoppable shot past Milan 'keeper Christian Abbiati.
Milan, seven-times European champions, are set to miss out on Europe next season and coach Clarence Seedorf is already rumoured to be facing the sack despite hauling the ailing Italian giants from out of the doldrums.
Milan sit eighth, two points behind sixth-placed Torino in the final Europa qualifying spot, one point behind Parma and on the same points as Verona, in ninth.
But Seedorf said: "I'm not looking ahead any further than our final game next week and finishing the season as best as we can.
"I am giving 100 percent, so my conscience is clear."