Swansea confirm Flores-Monk bust-up
Swansea City confirmed on Tuesday that police were called to the club's training ground last week following a training-ground row involving defenders Garry Monk and Chico Flores.
The pair clashed on Friday, a day before Swansea's 3-1 loss at home to Tottenham Hotspur in the Premier League.
Reports in the British media claimed Spanish centre-back Flores had threatened Monk with a brick during the incident, but Swansea denied the allegation.
"Chico Flores and Garry Monk had an exchange of words, which is not uncommon between players in training grounds across the country, but no threats or altercations took place between the players in question," said a club spokesman.
"It's understood a member of the public phoned the police, who felt no action was required. The club can categorically state that nobody was threatened with a brick. The matter has been dealt with and is concluded."
A statement from South Wales Police said: "Police were called to the training ground at around 1.30pm (1330 GMT) on Friday. Club officials were spoken to and no police action was required."
Monk, the club's former captain, has not played for Swansea since September due to a knee injury, but Flores is a regular member of manager Michael Laudrup's first-choice starting XI.
Flores, who signed from Genoa in 2012, played down the incident in a series of posts on Twitter later on Tuesday.
"Any person that is involved in the business of football knows that these small arguments regularly happen in training sessions and even more when things are a bit more tense than normal for not getting good results," he said.
"So I just want all you fans to know that Garry and I are two very committed players for Swansea city and it was not more than just a silly argument and nowadays things get blown out of proportion in the press and social networking."
He added: "I did not threaten anybody in any moment and even less with a brick."