- Ronaldo, Shevchenko to join Nadal at live poker tournament
- Tomic gets wildcard to defend Sydney title
- Former Grand Slam champ Bruguera to coach Gasquet
- Sport: Murray favourite for BBC award
- Haase tested positive in 2006 - reports
- Sharapova taps Groeneveld as coach
- Wawrinka, Tipsarevic to play in Chennai Open
- Hong Kong to host new WTA tournament
- Murray, Federer hail new ATP chief Kermode
- Former British number one Baltacha retires
- ATP world rankings at end of 2013
- Djokovic sees record streak as boost for 2014
- 'Ferrari' Djokovic left in garage, says Stepanek
- Lionheart Stepanek stars in Czech passion play
- Czech Republic's path to Davis Cup victory
- Davis Cup previous winners
- Czechs beat Serbia to retain Davis Cup
- Czechs beat Serbia to defend Davis Cup title
- Davis Cup final - Serbia 2 Czech Republic 3
- Serbia, Czechs tied 2-2 in Davis Cup final
- Davis Cup final - Serbia 2 Czech Republic 2
- Del Potro, Janowicz,Tomic set for Sydney
- Czechs close in on successful Davis Cup defence
- Czechs lead Serbia after Davis Cup final doubles
- Davis Cup final - Serbia 1 Czech Republic 2
- Serbia, Czechs tied 1-1 in Davis Cup final
- Davis Cup final - Serbia 1 Czech Republic 1
- Djokovic slams WADA again over Troicki doping ban
- Djokovic gives Serbia lead in Davis Cup final
- Davis Cup final - Serbia 1 Czech Republic 0
Czech Davis Cup blow as Berdych drops out
World number six Tomas Berdych will miss holders the Czech Republic's Davis Cup quarter-final against Kazakhstan next weekend with an injured shoulder.
Tomas Berdych of Czech Republic plays a backhand on March 28, 2013 in Key Biscayne, Florida. Berdych will miss holders the Czech Republic's Davis Cup semi-final against Kazakhstan next weekend with an injured shoulder.
Berdych announced his decision to skip the April 5-7 tie in Astana on Friday, the day after his 6-3, 6-3 quarter-final loss to France's Richard Gasquet at the Miami Masters.
"I woke up this morning and I quickly felt a deep pain in my shoulder. It was clear that I wouldn't be able to play next week in Kazakhstan," he wrote on the Czech Republic Davis Cup team's Facebook page.
The Gasquet match had been "the last straw" said Berdych who has suffered from the same problem on and off in the past.
With Berdych out of the equation, the Czech Republic will be represented by Radek Stepanek, the world number 43 who underwent cervical disc surgery in January, Lukas Rosol (No.64), Jan Hajek (98) and Ivo Minar (245).
In February the Czechs, with Berdych but without Stepanek, beat Switzerland 3-1 in Geneva in the first round of their title defence.
Last November, Berdych and Stepanek led the Czech Republic to their first Davis Cup trophy since the country became independent in 1993, beating five-time champions Spain 3-2 in Prague.
The Spanish were stunned last month by Canada who now face Italy for a place in the semi-finals.
In the other quarter-finals the United States will meet 2010 champions Serbia, with Argentina up against France.