- Fed Cup - Czech Republic 4 Italy 0
- Germans toast Fed Cup win with mid-air slumber party
- Czechs beat holders Italy to reach Fed Cup final
- Fed Cup - Czech Republic 3 Italy 0
- Germany into Fed Cup final as Kerber downs Stosur
- Fed Cup - Australia 1 Germany 3
- Kerber puts Germany into Fed Cup final
- Fed Cup - Australia 0 Germany 3
- Struggling Nadal seeks homeground solution
- Sharapova targets hat-trick of Stuttgart titles
- Vekic upsets Zhang for final Cibulkova date in Malaysia
- I don't know when I'll be back, says injury-hit Djokovic
- Germany, Czechs head towards Fed Cup final
- Wrist injury puts Djokovic in French Open fear
- Federer, Wawrinka into all-Swiss Monte Carlo final
- Czechs shrug off power cut lead Italy in Fed Cup
- Federer beats Djokovic, faces Wawrinka in final
- Fed Cup - Czech Republic 2 Italy 0 -- 1st update
- Wawrinka dominates Ferrer, powers into Monte Carlo final
- Wawrinka outclasses Ferrer, into first Monte Carlo final
- Wawrinka outclasses Ferrer, into Monte Carlo final
- Fed Cup - Czech Republic 1 Italy 0
- Petkovic, Kerber win to give Germany 2-0 lead
- Fed Cup - Australia 0 Germany 2
- Nadal searches for fire as French Open nears
- Nadal crashes in Monte Carlo, Federer faces Djokovic
- Djokovic sets up Federer clash in Monte Carlo
- Nadal crashes in Monte Carlo, Federer struggles through
- Federer battles back to reach Monte Carlo semis
- Cibulkova scrapes into Malaysian Open semis
Czech Davis Cup blow as Berdych drops out
World number six Tomas Berdych will miss holders the Czech Republic's Davis Cup quarter-final against Kazakhstan next weekend with an injured shoulder.
Tomas Berdych of Czech Republic plays a backhand on March 28, 2013 in Key Biscayne, Florida. Berdych will miss holders the Czech Republic's Davis Cup semi-final against Kazakhstan next weekend with an injured shoulder.
Berdych announced his decision to skip the April 5-7 tie in Astana on Friday, the day after his 6-3, 6-3 quarter-final loss to France's Richard Gasquet at the Miami Masters.
"I woke up this morning and I quickly felt a deep pain in my shoulder. It was clear that I wouldn't be able to play next week in Kazakhstan," he wrote on the Czech Republic Davis Cup team's Facebook page.
The Gasquet match had been "the last straw" said Berdych who has suffered from the same problem on and off in the past.
With Berdych out of the equation, the Czech Republic will be represented by Radek Stepanek, the world number 43 who underwent cervical disc surgery in January, Lukas Rosol (No.64), Jan Hajek (98) and Ivo Minar (245).
In February the Czechs, with Berdych but without Stepanek, beat Switzerland 3-1 in Geneva in the first round of their title defence.
Last November, Berdych and Stepanek led the Czech Republic to their first Davis Cup trophy since the country became independent in 1993, beating five-time champions Spain 3-2 in Prague.
The Spanish were stunned last month by Canada who now face Italy for a place in the semi-finals.
In the other quarter-finals the United States will meet 2010 champions Serbia, with Argentina up against France.