- Kvitova overcomes Peng, Wozniacki crashes in China
- Kvitova overcomes Peng to power through in China
- Nishikori fires to victory in opening Tokyo match
- Williams, Tsonga headline Hopman Cup
- Sharapova, Dimitrov line-up for Brisbane
- China Open results - Day 4 Collated
- CORRECTED: Tennis: Japan Open results - collated
- Top seed Wawrinka rolled by Japanese outsider
- Nadal returns in style, Djokovic wins in China
- Top seed Wawrinka rolled by Japanese outsider in Tokyo
- Djokovic, Sharapova win, but Radwanska falls in China
- Asian Games: Teenager ends Japan's 40-year tennis wait
- Sharapova, Berdych win but Radwanska falls in China
- China Open results - Day 4
- Inspired Nishikori ready for London ATP final
- China Open results - Day 3 collated
- Asian Games: Golden girl Mirza does it for India -- again
- US Open champion Cilic not 'raising expectations'
- Former champ Ferrer out of Japan open in first round
- Williams fights back in China, Cilic also through
- China Open results - Day 3
- Sharapova, Halep and Kerber through in China
- Sharapova powers through, Errani tumbles in China
- Nishikori triumphs in Malaysian Open
- China Open results - Day 2
- Murray wins first title since Wimbledon in Shenzhen
- ATP Shenzhen Open result
- Nadal targets Djokovic China record on return
- Radwanska, Keys through first round in Beijing
- Nishikori reaches Malaysian Open final
Williams set to defend Charleston clay crown
World No. 1 Serena Williams, fresh from winning a record sixth Miami Masters title, will seek her third trophy of the season at the WTA Family Circle Cup claycourt event.
Defending champion and top seed Williams, who like the other top-eight seeds received a first-round bye, will play her first match on Tuesday against Italy's Camila Giorgi, who eliminated Mandy Minella 6-4, 6-4 on Monday.
Williams, a 15-time Grand Slam singles champion, won at Charleston in 2008. The 31-year-old American won this year at Brisbane as well as Miami, where she downed World No. 2 Maria Sharapova of Russia in the final.
Danish second seed Caroline Wozniacki has won four clay titles in her career, including at Charleston in 2011.
Wozniacki will open against Spain's Silvia Soler-Espinosa, who outlasted Italy's Francesca Schiavone 3-6, 6-4, 7-6 (8/6) in the opening round.
Australia's third-seeded Samantha Stosur, the 2010 Charleston champion, is also in the mix, playing her first event since pulling out of Indian Wells with a calf injury.
Stosur, of Brisbane, will open against either New Zealand's Marina Erakovic or Slovakian Daniela Hantuchova.
Other seeds in the field of 56 include Americans Sloane Stephens and Venus Williams, Czech Lucie Safarova, Spain's Carla Suarez Navarro and Germany's Mona Barthel.
Puerto Rico's Monica Puig beat Czech Andrea Hlavackova 6-4, 6-0 to book a second-round date with Venus Williams.